We offer Ecological Risk Assessments to support planning applications for all types and scales of development throughout the UK. Starting from £750 for a Phase 1 Assessment, our prices are among the most competitive on the market. Feel free to call us on 0845 303 9434 for an obligation free discussion and quote or click HERE to request a formal quotation by email.
The benefits of our Ecological Risk Assessments include:
- Improved chances of obtaining permission and reduced risk of hold ups in the planning process – we aim to get it right first time
- Quick turnaround time for Phase 1 Reports – we aim to have your report ready within 3 to 5 working days
- Cost effective – our prices are among the most competitive on the market
- Professional and High Quality – our Ecology consultants have a minimum of an BSc degree and extensive experience of dealing with planning submissions.
- Security – All our work is covered by a £5 million indemnity insurance policy
Contact us if you are looking to:
- submit a new planning application for a new development or alteration;
- comply with a planning permission condition for a new development or alteration;
What is an Ecological Risk Assesssment?
An ecological risk assessment is the process for evaluating how likely it is that the environment may be impacted as a result of exposure to one or more environmental stressors such as chemicals, land change, disease, invasive species and climate change.
We take a phased approach to risk assessment to ensure that we only undertake the works that are necessary at a site. Depending on your requirements we can supply you with a:
- Phase I Ecological Risk Assessment- comprises of a desk based review of available information from different sources to determine whether there is a potential for protected habitats to be present at the site. A report is produced that details habitats identified and the potential impact of the development on them. The report will also make preliminary recommendations on how the impacts can be mitigated.
- Phase 2 Ecological Risk Assessment – using the information gained from Phase 1, a survey of the site is undertaken by a qualified ecologist to identify signs of the presence of protected species such as bats, amphibians, birds and badgers. A report is produced with details of protected species identified at the site and final recommendations for mitigation methods. An arboricultural survey can be incorporated into this stage if required.
The reports will be in electronic PDF format and shall be written such that you will be able to submit them directly to planning authorities for regulatory approval.
Call us on 0845 303 9434 to discuss requirements or your click HERE to request a quote.
PLEASE NOTE: We also undertake SuDS design if you are looking to create a habitat. If you order a SuDS Assessment along with a Ecological Risk Assessment, we will give you a 25% discount off the standard prices.