GEOENVIRON ENVIRONMENTAL PERMITS MODULE
The GeoEnviron Permits module is a data management and inspection programming tool for Environmental Officers involved with the permitting and regulation of prescribed processes.
Call us now for more information or to arrange an obligation free demonstration, either on-line or at your offices.
Recent regulations have substantially increased the burden placed upon local authorities to not only ensure that industrial pollution is reduced, but also to demonstrate that they are implementing the regulations in a transparent and cost-effective manner. Some of the recently introduced features of the regime that are having an impact on the way local authority officers carry out their duties include:
- The requirement for Risk Based Inspections
- Solvent Emissions Directive
- Best Value Performance Indicators
- Introduction of DEFRA annual statistical returns
- Requirement to make information accessible electronically (e-government)
- Permits issued, revoked etc
- Documentation - letters, licences etc
- Inspections - including time logs
- Risk assessments
- SED and other emissions monitoring
- Plant and production details
How Can GeoEnviron help?
The GeoEnviron Permits module (EPR) allows Officers to easily manage data on:
The module is equipped with a sophisticated task manager and calendar that allows you to program inspections and keep a track of your work load. A large selection of standard reports allow you to quickly and easily generate DEFRA stats and reports on inspections. Further custom user reports can be created with the Infomaker Report Generator add-on.
The module also includes facilities to assist environmental officers to cope with the requirements of new legislation and guidance such as the Solvent Emissions Regulations and the Risk Based Method for Determining the Relative Level of Risk Associated with Processes
The module includes a Samples sub-module which allows you to manage monitoring data. In addition to this, the powerful querying facilities within the database allows you to quickly isolate and retrieve the data you are interested in analysing. Once located, the data can easily be exported to Microsoft Excel for charting or further manipulation.
As with all GeoEnviron modules, data from EPR can be visualized spatially via the selection of GIS integration facilities.
A web based public register?
GeoEnviron web solutions allow data contained within the database to be viewed via a web browser. So you could have your public register accessible to the public via the internet and reduce the huge amount of time you spend collating and managing paper based registers.
Features and Benefits
- Improved efficiency management of data on processes
- Officer diary to help ensure deadlines are met
- Perfromance monitoring
- Risk assessment
- Solvent emmissions data management
- Operating System - GeoEnviron supports Microsoft Windows (Vista, XP, 2000, NT, 95/98) and Novell NetWare version 4.1 operating systems.
- CPU - a Pentium or similar is recommended on both server and client machines.
Memory - a minimum of 256MB is recommended on the server. A minimum of 128MB is recommended on a client PC.
- Hard Disk – approximately 500MB of hard disk space is required for the entire system. The database as well as GeoEnviron’s program files are placed centrally on the server in the case of a client/server installation.
- Back up - the system is installed with a back up procedure that can be called from an existing back up procedure.
- System Recovery - the database is capable of automatic roll back meaning only unsaved transactions will be lost in the event of system failure.
- Database Connectivity - utilises Open Database Connectivity for ASA. Native Driver is used for MS SQL server.