GEOENVIRON ENVIRONMENTAL DATA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
GeoEnviron is a collection of data management software applications for environmental professionals. GeoEnviron is being used in many countries across the world, including the UK.
Call us now for more information or to arrange an obligation free demonstration, either on-line or at your offices.
Download Product Catalog
The GeoEnviron system consists of 3 integrated components:
- a powerful SQL relational database management system (RDBMS)
- powerful geographical information system (GIS) capabilities
- web solutions that allow data contained within the system to be output to an Intranet or Internet
- The RDBMS consists of a series of application modules dedicated to managing data gathered from desk top studies, site investigations, routine inspections, complaint investigations and monitoring activities. The system has a modular structure allowing you the flexibility to purchase individual applications separately.
As well as storing data directly within the database, GeoEnviron gives you the opportunity to integrate to a wide range of third party software applications (i.e. word processors, spreadsheets, document imaging programs, etc).
The GeoEnviron System currently consists of the following modules.
links to separate pages
- Contaminated Land
- Case Management
- Site Survey Manager
- Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC)
- Private Water Supply
- Web Solutions
- GIS Integration
Features and benefits
The major benefits you will realise from implementing GeoEnviron include:
- Enhanced strategic planning and workflow analysis - designed by environmental specialists the system incorporates prioritisation and decision support systems. In addition, GIS facilities are integrated into the core of the system.
- Reliable data storage and management - the system employs high performance SQL databases for reliable and efficient data and document management as well as networking.
- Enhanced 'electronic service delivery' - the system is 'web-enabled' allowing for the sharing of data via an intranet or the internet.
- Quality support and continuous development - a total quality management approach is taken towards the delivery of support services. The system is subject to a programme of continuous improvement driven by users' requirements.
- Operating System - GeoEnviron supports Microsoft Windows (Vista, XP, 2000, NT, 95/98) and Novell NetWare version 4.1 operating systems.
- CPU - a Pentium or similar is recommended on both server and client machines.
- Memory - a minimum of 256MB is recommended on the server. A minimum of 128MB is recommended on a client PC.
- Hard Disk – approximately 500MB of hard disk space is required for the entire system. The database as well as GeoEnviron’s program files are placed centrally on the server in the case of a client/server installation.
- Back up - the system is installed with a back up procedure that can be called from an existing back up procedure.
- System Recovery - the database is capable of automatic roll back meaning only unsaved transactions will be lost in the event of system failure.
- Database Connectivity - utilises Open Database Connectivity for ASA. Native Driver is used for MS SQL server.